Is there any sign or symptom of radon poisoning around us? In fact, we cannot see, taste or even smell radon gas. Even when you are being exposed by the gas at a high level, there can be no symptoms that there is radon poisoning. However, when you are exposed to this gas over time, you will be at risk to develop lung cancer.
What Are the Signs of Radon Gas Poisoning?
As explained above, you might not find any symptom when you are breathing in high level of radon gas. That’s why it is recommended to make sure that there is no radon gas exposure in your home by undergoing a radon gas test http://220.127.116.11/ . Even there is no clear sign of radon gas poisoning, there are still signs of lung cancer resulted by radon exposure.
Symptoms of Lung Cancer from Radon Exposure
It’s no secret that the main leading cause of lung cancer is smoking cigarettes. However, radon is known as the second leading cause for lung cancer in the US. It is found that there are around 20,000 lung cancer deaths each year caused by radon exposure. The symptom of lung cancer resulted from radon exposure includes persistent cough, shortness of breath, chest pain and hoarseness.
Other early signs of lung cancer include coughing up blood, frequent infections like pneumonia and bronchitis as well as wheezing. Over time, it is also possible that you start to experience weight loss, fatigue and loss of appetite as the result of radon exposure. There is no specific time until you can experience these symptoms after being exposed by radon gas for the first time.
What to Do When You Notice Symptoms
It is crucial to be conscious of the lung cancer symptoms and to meet your doctor immediately if you are experiencing any lung cancer symptom. Moreover, if you are suspicious of any radon exposure in your home, you should perform a radon test as soon as possible. There are short-term testing and long-term test that you can choose for investigating the existence of radon gas.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, radon can be a harmful gas for your health when you are experienced long-term exposure of high radon level. In this case, it can risk you to have lung cancer. Testing your home for this gas is the best choice to do to make sure that you are not exposed since radon cannot be seen, smelled and tasted.